Y'all can't say that we didn't warn you years ago: get the 인터넷바카라TEA Party tiger by the tail & he'll eat you. After two disastrous election cycles, the “mainstream” Republicans finally got their act together on a national scale & struck back. Oddly enough, it's also happening on a local level in Alabama.
Good luck bringing your base in line though. These are the folks who keep the tinfoil hat factories in business.
Still, the so-called “moderates” are trying in Madison County, with a group called “Republican Refresh.” They're moderately irritated and tired of the antics of local party leaders:
Republican Refresh is a group Madison County residents tired of the embarrassing antics of the Madison County Republican Executive Party. We have decided to unify under the idea of getting new competent Republican Leadership on the Madison County Republican Executive Committee.
For too long, we everyday Republicans have been embarrassed, ashamed, and confused by some of the current members of the Madison County Republican Executive Committee. The time for a refresh is now and starts with you voting on Tuesday, June 3rd in the Republican Primary for new local leadership in the Republican Party.
LOL… they may have been “embarrassed & ashamed,” but that didn't stop them from using these clowns for over a decade to win local elections. It only became a problem when the clowns became ascendant and started running things, didn't it?
Let's take a trip down wingnut memory lane….
- 2014: MCREC Committee member Hugh McInnish explains that the Alabama Democratic Party is the “black party” while the GOP is the “white party.”
- 2013: State School Board member Mary Scott Hunter is censured by the MCREC for supporting Common Core.
- 2013: State Senator Bill Holtzclaw was “warned” for the same offense.
- 2012: MCREC agrees to a recount in a contested judicial primary race, takes the money from the challenger, cancels the recount, and keeps the fee.
- 2012: MCREC member Hugh McInnish was still a birther!
- 2012: MCREC Hugh McInnish issues a “white paper” describing why he's a birther.
- 2011: After luring Democrats to change parties, the Madison County Committee then tries to keep them off the GOP primary ballot
- 2007: Madison County GOP tried to keep “certain people” off the ballot.
The Republican Refresh Web site also cites a delightful video of the birthers among them explaining why President Obama is a Kenya-born, Muslim, Communist, blah blah blah.… The link is on the flip.
Enjoy! But be aware that it's a half hour of your life you'll never get back….